Things might be quiet around here for a little while, as we’re pretty busy with BuzzPal and other projects, plus doing some consulting for select pre-funded, seed/angel-funded, and VC-funded founders and web startups. What kinds of consulting and advising? Everything that you see listed in the “Specialties” section of my LinkedIn profile.
If you’re raising outside investment (angel or VC) and you’re thinking of contacting me, it might be good to do it before the cows leave the barn (i.e., before you get too far down the road, and certainly before you negotiate or sign any investment-related documents). Why? See the “Bootstrap or Die” case study for one example.
My background, in a nutshell:
- Debt and equity venture finance, from the late ’90s Internet bubble, through its crash, restructurings, and recovery.
- Specialist in subscription-based business models (often with advertising and ancillary product/service components).
- Been through an IPO and sold stock for a decent profit.
- Been invited to participate in, and cover, various startup and Web 2.0 events around Europe.
- Founder and seed investor in two seed-stage projects.
- Assembled an international distributed team of professionals.
- Started a new blog — Bootstrappy.com — in February 2010. It’s first post made CenterNetworks’ “Weekend Entrepreneurial Reading” list and got over 2000 views in its first week.
- See my LinkedIn profile and personal blog, pics, and personal Twitter account for more. See here for the TMI version.
- Get in touch here.